Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy birthday my biggest little!!

On this day 6 years ago I was in a labor and delivery room waiting for my first child to arrive. Wondering what his sweet face would look like. Scared of what our new life would be like, how I was now responsible for another human being. Would I be a good mom, could I do this?

We had tried to walk him out on Thanksgiving day but he wasnt ready. He waited until bed time just as mommy was laying down for the evening to decided "Now is the best time!!"

Having back labor, I called my parents who were living in West Virginia to tell them to head out, then called my brother (who was my neighbor and our ride at the time) to take us to the hospital!

I looked a mess but was controlling my pain through breathing.

Hours went by and I slowly progressed to getting closer. People came and went to visit with us and to show their love. I remember my cousin asking if she could stay for my sons birth and that I was a bit hesitant because I would be a bit "uncovered" so to speak. But its a beautiful moment so I went ahead and said yes.

When my water broke there was maconium (babies first bowel movement) in the liquid so they had the nicu team ready for him. This was unplanned, I new things like this happend but didnt think it would (seems like a reoccurring thing huh?). He came out with a head full of black hair passed his shoulders, screaming. They suctioned a bit and handed him off to daddy because I was heavily bleeding. I watched as my newly born baby was making his way around the room seeing daddy, grandma and my cousin, while I sat scared something was wrong with me.

The bleeding was controlled but they whisked him out before I could hold him so he could be better suctioned and assessed by the nicu.

It was 5 hours before I got to see him and hold him!! But when I did I remember the feeling was so amazing. He was perfect in every way. With his tan skin and coal black hair, that was ALL over mind you, literally he looked like a little monkey lol.

Coming home for the very first time would be life changing. My husband and I had been married for 11 months and were now bringing home a new life to raise, to build up, to keep safe.

Watching him grow has been such a blessing. He is such a great kid, so loving, caring. He loves his family and his newest hero is his little brother.

When I became pregnant with our second, then third child I always worried he would feel "replaced", or forgotten. That he would become angry and act out. Amazingly he has been a HUGE little helper. Even when he rolled his baby sister off of the couch, who now in return beats him up (hes a lover, not a fighter). And making his baby brother smile is his main goal throughout the day, even when he is tired, or upset his "lil buddy" is his main concern.

Last year at this time Waylon was in the hospital still very sick, we sent Anthony and McKayla with my parents to West Virginia so someone could be with them and mommy could be at the hospital with their fragile little brother. We had to miss Anthonys birthday, there was no way we could leave the state to have a party for him when Waylon was so sick. So my parents had a small party for him and we skyped through him opening his presents and eating cake. My soul ached because I couldnt be with him on HIS day.

Some days I feel like he has had to grow up so quickly because of all our family has been through in the last year and a half. He and his sister have had to endure things they shouldn't have had to at this age. But they wear a smile on their faces, and they truck through the day!

I hope he never gets to big to have cuddles with his mommy lol. And that his attitude of spreading hugs and love to everyone (as annoying with the germs right now as it is lol) never leaves him.
  











HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you so much and we are so proud to be your parents and family.




No comments:

Post a Comment